In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rem 870 Matched Pair?

cheezecheeze Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2005 in Ask the Experts
Anybody know anything about a Remington 870 in 410 with "matched pair no 129" inscribed in gold paint on the left side of the reciever? I'm looking for value, origin, and meaning of "matched pair". As it is only one gun.

Greatest is he who serves justice with humility.

Comments

• Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remington 870 skeet " Matched" pair. made 1503 in 1969. 410 and 28 ga Blue book $1150 for both guns 100% Good luck,

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • Options
    cheezecheeze Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Matched pair means two guns? I heard it meant two barrels? Either way I have one gun one barrel. What would be the value on that? Or any other info...
    Thanks

Greatest is he who serves justice with humility.
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You do not state any condition of the gun. Need lots more info.

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i always thought matched pair meant one was 410 and the other was 28ga. sounds like someone seperated them. w/o BOTH together in the case they were made for, id say its selling for real cheap. it like seperating 2 matched u.s. mint coins from their plastic protective covers and selling them seperate.

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, former navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction. NRA certified instructor.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a Matched Pair set that was stolen back in '91, but one was .410ga and the other was 12ga. If I remember right, they had matching serial #'s.

7_2_120.gif
    "Aim small, Miss small"
  • Options
    tazz1958tazz1958 Member Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The remington 870's you are talking about are a matched pair. They should have the same # inscribed in gold on the sides. They should also have barrel weights that screw on end of magazine tube. They also came in a green remington plastic hardcase. At least that was the matched pair that I had looked like. they were in .410 and 28 gauge. they should be worth blue book. Just my thoughts

jeff briese