In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

gun safe lock options

bsdoylebsdoyle Member Posts: 279 ✭✭
edited November 2005 in Ask the Experts
HEY EXPERTS Heres my Question I am going to purchase a gun safe. My only concern is I am an avid REMINGTON GUY and would really like to buy a Remington safe. My question is is can the lock be changed from dial type to pushbutton . Presently Remington dosent make one with the pushbutton locks.Id much really rather have that style. Please advise if ya guys know the answer or who I can get a hold of.
TANX STEVE
LIFE NRA
DU COMM
LIFE NAHC
NWTH
PHESANTS FOREVER
SO DAK TRAPPERS *
SO DAK WILDLIFE *

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remington doesn't really make safes; that's just a decal on the door. Most safes are made by 3 or 4 safe companies, but are sold with multiple brand names. Just find one with the features you like.

Neal
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yep Im aware of that. Should have cleared that up . Ive contacted them. Im not sure who makes their safe. Liberty????? Or who. I just want a Remington green safe in the GUN-RELOADING ROOM. Ive tried Safe Art and they dont make gun maker or ammunition maker magnetic decals. So who makes the Remington Safes and can the locks be changed Thanx Steve
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Somebody out there must know??????
    Steve
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    well if you don't want a fire proof safe , there is a plain steel Remington named 16 gun safe that is green and has a push button electric combination, i can tell you a hardware store that has one on hand , believe it sells for mid 200 ???
  • Options
    targetshootertargetshooter Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can have a electronic lock installed for around $300.00

Down Zero
  • Options
    Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    If you read the 'fine-print' on safe warranties, there's only one choice:

Cannon

WW2Guns005.jpg

"The Greatest Battle Implement Ever Devised!"
    -- Gen. George S. Patton
    referring to the M1 Garand
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanx for the reply GSKYHAWK but Im lookn for a better quality safe than that. If they got one in the economy model Im surprised they dont have one in better quality. Thanx for the info. Steve
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanx REBEL JAMES You could be right . Maybe Cannon does make the Remington Safe I do know that they dont. Cannon may make the lock option . STeve and Thanx
  • Options
    MooseyardMooseyard Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm pretty sure that Liberty makes the Rem safes. Liberty is one of te best safes out there. Any Liberty dealer should be able to add an Electronic lock for about $300.

"My faith, my country and my family will guide me; nothing more, nothing less" -Gen. Tommy Franks