In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

CZ52 help

cacti25cacti25 Member Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2005 in Ask the Experts
Just noticed this, top of barrel between the serial number and ejection port, on the right side is a hole. Have I lost a pin? I bou

Just noticed a small hole on top of the barell, r/h side between the serial number and the ejection port, have I lost a pin? This thing has been nothing but trouble since I bought it, surplus ammo would not eject, tried new S&B, same thing. I've stripped it down cleaned it with brake cleaner, oiled it and stills jams about every third shot. I bought it in excellent condiation out of S/G news, any suggestions? Thanks.

Comments

• kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Can't see any pics, get me some pics and I'll fly you through this mess.

Neo-Jedi Council
    th_rebspin.gif
    th_23018.gifth_22987.jpgMWC '05
  • poshposh Member Posts: 360 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My CZ 52 pistol has a pin that I can see loking down from the top. It looks like it is the pivot pin for the extractor.
  • chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Indeed, there is supposed to be a pin there, to hold the extractor in place. If your extractor is not working right, obviously you will get failures to extract. Check to make sure you are missing the pin, then replace it. Stake the slide to hold the new one in.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    ~Sinclair Lewis, It Can't Happen Here

"Our enemies...never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
    ~President George W. Bush
  • cacti25cacti25 Member Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • mowartmowart Member Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On my CZ52, on the SLIDE, between the serial # & ejection port, is a hole with a pin down in it. Gun works fine.
    edited November -1
    That's exactly what mine looks like, it fires but jams about every second or third shot. I'm about ready to pitch it!
  • chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1) Inspect your chamber. Is it smooth? Also your feed ramp.

2) Mag springs. Are they good and strong? Does the problem seem worse, with different mags?

3) What ammo are you using?

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."

"Our enemies...never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
  • gotstolefromgotstolefrom Member Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, You should pitch it !
    You are wasting your time and getting frustrated for nothing.
    I'll save you....gimme that thing...it is just a frustration.
    It IS a POC....I don't know why mine work well...just a miracle.

Hang in there...you've gotten good advice....go see your 'smith.
    ENJOY

If we do not hang together,
    We will most certainly hang separately.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chunkstyle
    1) Inspect your chamber. Is it smooth? Also your feed ramp.

2) Mag springs. Are they good and strong? Does the problem seem worse, with different mags?

3) What ammo are you using?

edited November -1
    Chunkstyle: Chamber feels smooth. both mag springs are very strong, usingS&B 85grs. I cleaned i again today and one mag fired without any jams, the other jamed about every time. What can I use to smooth the feeding ramp, I thing that may be a problem. Damn these things are fun to shoot when they work right. Gotstolefrom, not any smith even close to me. Thanks to everone.