In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

H.W.Z. MARTINI ACTION 22 CAL???

TILLIC1TILLIC1 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited November 2005 in Ask the Experts
I RECENTLY AQUIRED A 22 RIFLE MANUFACTURED BY H.W.Z. I CAN NOT FIND IT IN ANY BOOK. HAS A MARTINI ACTION... EXTRA FANCY WOOD AND ENGRAVED ACTION. IS THERE ANY ONE THAT CAN TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT IT? WHO IS H.W.Z? WHEN WAS IT MADE? COUNTRY OF ORIGIN? ANYTHING? VERY COOL GUN, BUT HAS ME STUMPED TRYING TO FIND OUT ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.[?]

Comments

• Options
    joel_blackjoel_black Member Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The country of origin was Germany.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Joel! I have never heard of a gun manufactuer named H.W.Z. Does any one know what this stands for?
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    H.W-Z...Abbrevation for Hersteller Weihrauch, sporting arms manufacturer in Zella-Mehlis, Germany, c. 1934-38

From Page 39 of Gunmarks By Robert H. Balderson, Third Edition......

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This gun looks very similar to BSA model 12

Mine is model 21 HWZ. Any idea when it was manufactured or what it is worth. Has the appearance of high grade gun because of the extra fancy wood & engraving. Were these type of details common for this type of gun or Manufacturer. I have not been able to find any pictures of the guns manufactered by Weihrauch? Have stumbled across information only about air rifles and one type of pistol... nothing like what I have though. I appreciate the information I have received so far, Thanks guys! If anyone knows where I can find any pictures of guns by this manufacturer please let me know.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    anyone know any more?