In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Vaule of 2nd Gen Blk Pwd Colts

GrepseGrepse Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
edited November 2005 in Ask the Experts
I recently acquired two black powder Colt pistols.
The first came in a Colt brown box, it's an 1851 Navy. The box said C-1121 and the serial number 22557. It was purchased from John Jovino back in the 1970s.
The second is a 1860 Army in a black Colt box marked the authentic colt black powder series. The box also says model number F1200 with a serial number of 206955.
Both guns are unfired and the cylinders are unturned. The yellow brass is starting to mellow.
Regards,
Jeffrey C.

Regards,
Jeffrey

Comments

• RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jeffrey,
    You'll doubtless get responses from folks with more info than I have on your Colts, hopefully some with meaningful input on values.
    Still, I offer the following in the hope that it may be helpful:
    Back when they first came out I bought a couple of the "Authentic Colt Black Powder" revolvers. This was obviously a few years ago but as I recall Colt did not go out of their way to let you know that the revolvers were made in Italy; possibly assembled and blued in Hartford, but essentially foreign repo's, not "authentic" Colts. How this translates into collector value at this point, I have no idea.
    Good luck.
    Rob

Rob
  • sheepdipsheepdip Member Posts: 3,124
    edited November -1