In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

colt police . 38 special

joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
edited December 2009 in Ask the Experts
ok i managed to get the cylinder open. the ejector rod is bent and wont eject shells fully. my question is what is that small pin thats fits into the center of the cylinder to keep it centered when its fireing called? that was rusted in place and wouldnt allow the cylender to fall open. I managed to get it out but now i need a new part. ill try to post a picture a litle later.


  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is a schematic from GPC it is for the Dick Special, which has the same frame as the Police Positive.
  • joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    ok on that i think what im looking for is the latch pin assembly. this is the part that keeps the cylinder locked tight when its closed correct? thanks much.
  • joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    where else can i look for parts besides numrich? i also need an ejector rod, and there out of stock. i tried brownells and didnt see anything that would fit there. im looking on midway as well but not looking good. any other suggestions?
  • txfellertxfeller Member Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you really want an ejector rod, give a call to Lee's gun parts in Irving Texas. He has a lot of colt parts.

    But you are going to find that it doesn't just screw in the gun. To start, you have to remove the ratchet, then use a special tool (spanner) to remove the rod bushing.

    If the latch pin was rusted enough to freeze up, you may want to just take it to a gunsmith for a really good cleaning. And he can probably straighten the rod you have.
Sign In or Register to comment.