In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Payment issue

Denny25Denny25 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited December 2009 in Ask the Experts
Hey folks. I'm trying to sign up here and make a bid on a pistol I'd really like to have, but I only have a mastercard debit card. Is there any way to get around this with another payment option? Any help would be great. Thank you

-Denny

Comments

• Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    That will work.
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Assuming, of course, that the seller indicates he accepts credit cards, & specifically, the kind you have.

All sellers have to indicate the form of payment that they will accept. If in doubt, ask before you bid.

Neal
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Denny25
    Hey folks. I'm trying to sign up here and make a bid on a pistol I'd really like to have, but I only have a mastercard debit card. Is there any way to get around this with another payment option? Any help would be great. Thank you

-Denny

A debit card with MC or Visa logo is almost universally accepted as a credit card, so long as you are comfortable allowing the seller access to your account.

You'll want to ensure the card is accepted, I don't know if using the debit card will cost you an extra % as some sellers do with a cc.
    It seems to me the almost universally accepted way of paying is USPS MO.

The details should be in the posting, if not, contact the seller directly and ensure the payment details are clearly understood by both parties before bidding.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    I don't think he's trying to buy with his debit card. I think he's just trying to register as a bidder on Gunbroker, which requires a credit card to be on file. In that case, any card with MasterCard or Visa will suffice, even if it's a debit card. That's what I use.
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ask the folks over on the auction side "Help"
  • buckeyedavebuckeyedave Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is the requirement for a credit card on file to bid something new? I have bid and won auctions without it.
    Dave
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    I believe (it's been a long time) that you are required to have a CC on file with GB in order to use the 'Buy Now' function. Joe