In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

caracal "c" sale

lvpattlvpatt Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
edited April 2013 in Ask the Experts
i auctioned a caracal, on gun broker,
i really messed up the description, plus the gun has a recall on it that i only found out about from a bidder.
i contacted caracal and they offered a replacement.
i corrected the description and notified all the bidders.
the winning bidder has backed out, i offered the gun to another bidder who seemed quite excited to get it. but haven't heard back.
my questions are: is this correct? the other bidder is lower, is it ok to just not notify g.b. and proceed as a private sale? just pay g.b. on the original bid.
thanks,

pat

Comments

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    contact support & ask for selling fees to be credited explaining the reasons. relist the rifle with better discription (and maybe a buy it now price to match the lower bidders price?)
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For legal liability purposes, I wouldn't be doing anything until you actually have the replacement pistol.

This Caracal outfit is a new manufacturer located in the mideast. Unfortunately the US based importers/distributors for these new manufacturers tend to go out of business quickly, specially if their liability issues with the guns.

All you can do is explain the problems to GB and prospective buyer, about the recall and replacement pistol.
  • Options
    DRP-AZDRP-AZ Member Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MIKE WISKEY
    contact support & ask for selling fees to be credited explaining the reasons. relist the rifle with better discription (and maybe a buy it now price to match the lower bidders price?)

ha ha ha ha....(gasp) ha ha ha....
  • Options
    NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    +1000quote:Originally posted by DRP-AZ
    quote:Originally posted by MIKE WISKEY

ha ha ha ha....(gasp) ha ha ha....
  • Options
    md1634md1634 Member Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From the recall's description of the problem the slide may be coming off the frame when it's fired.I'm not a lawyer but I think that if you sell the gun and it hurts somebody while leaving proof on this site that you know about the recall you may have a REAL problem.
  • Options
    lvpattlvpatt Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks everyone, i am sending it for recall, then re list on gun broker as nib. maybe they won't charge for the non sale.

pat