In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

colt handcuffs

barney1299barney1299 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited November 2002 in Ask the Experts
looking for used colt handcuffs to use on the job the do not have to be mint only afordable.

michael j barnable

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I just bought a pair of Colt handcuffs. I would say they would grade 95%. One has the Colt stallion and the other has the Hartford address.I was wondering what time frame these were made and a rough estimate of value.They have a number 0567xx. Is this a serial # or a pat. #. I can e-mail pics if need be. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I AM LOOKING FOR A PAIR OF COLT HANDCUFFS TO BUY. IF ANYONE HAS A PAIR FOR SALE PLEASE E-MAIL ME. PRICE DOESN'T MATTER.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    barney, welcome to GB. You should really post this over in the Want Ad Forum. There are folks over there who may well have your cuffs sitting on a shelf right now. My understanding is that a set of cuffs marked "Colt's Pt. F.A. Co. Hartford, CT. U.S.A." would sell in the $75+ range in todays marketplace.

Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:
    barney, welcome to GB. You should really post this over in the Want Ad Forum. There are folks over there who may well have your cuffs sitting on a shelf right now. My understanding is that a set of cuffs marked "Colt's Pt. F.A. Co. Hartford, CT. U.S.A." would sell in the $75+ range in todays marketplace.

Mark T. Christian

michael j barnable
  • Options
    KnifecollectorKnifecollector Member Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The last three pair that has sold on E-bay was over $150 per pair. Colt handcuffs are becoming harder to find everyday. They are a highly collectable item. If I was going to buy a pair to use, I'd look at the Smith & Wessons.
  • Options
    Der GebirgsjagerDer Gebirgsjager Member Posts: 1,673 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Better yet (in my opinion), Peerless.
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im with Dano,but buy the extra large ones.

Best!!!!

Rugster

Toujours Pret
  • Options
    lrarmsxlrarmsx Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got S&W and Peerless cuffs starting at $20 and up. As mentioned the Colt cuffs are becoming collectible and hence, expensive. LRARMSX@MCHSI.COM
  • Options
    ItGoBangItGoBang Member Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In most all Police Departments, The men would use one make of cuff. Sheriff's Department would do the same. And Corrections Facility would do the samething. That way all the men in your Department would all have the same keys.

It will hurt you, More than it will hurt me..

Life Member... N R A

Thanks for all the help!