In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Revolver values

johnbjohnb Member Posts: 52 ✭✭
edited April 2009 in Ask the Experts
Hello, I will do my best to describe and no I do not have pictures, nor can I find any model numbers on them.

first , a blue S+W with 2" barrel, hammer,38 s+w cal ,5 digit serial 74xxx , 95% or better ?

next , S+W nickel breaktop 32 s+W cal , grip safety , ser 122xxx ?

last , H+R young america double action 32 cal fair cond ?

any help appreciated !!!!!

Comments

• Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As I am sure someone will mention, it is almost impossible to determine a value without pictures to see.

The only other possible ways would be to get a book such as the Fjestad's Blue Book or Flayderman's and get a value which may or not be close to what they are worth or scan the completed auctions for the same model in similar condition and see what they sold for.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If a hand ejector (swing out cylinder) the first gun was known as a Terrier before model numbers were assigned in 1957. Sometimes listed as a .38-.32.

The second is a .32 New Departure Second Model made between 1902 and 1909.

Maybe you can find some in closed auctions to get an idea of the resale value.

The H&R Young America might have been made anytime from about 1900 til World War II. It cost $6.95 in 1939 when the .38-32 Terrier was $30 and the New Departure Safety Hammerless was $28. Not much gun in fair condition.
  • Options
    johnbjohnb Member Posts: 52 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Hawk ,, I believe you hit it exact !!!!!! the info is greatly appreciated ..... JB