In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

model 75 winchester

swampthing36swampthing36 Member Posts: 274 ✭✭✭
edited April 2009 in Ask the Experts
My father is giving me an old model 75 winchester target rifle, I used to shoot in boy scounts over 30 years ago. I haven't looked at it in at least 20 years; not sure he has either. In a wood hard case. Can you all think of anything I should look at closely before I shoot it? What common problems does the model 75 have or is known for. Please advise.

Comments

• Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Make sure there isn't a whole bunch of stuff in the barrel! A friend brought over an old .22 rifle for me to clean for her, I couldn't even see down the barrel.
  • Options
    swampthing36swampthing36 Member Posts: 274 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brier-49
    Make sure there isn't a whole bunch of stuff in the barrel! A friend brought over an old .22 rifle for me to clean for her, I couldn't even see down the barrel.
    I bought some liquid lead remover. I think from Shooters Choice. Never used it before. Any experience?
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Model 75 Target Rifle is a very robust design, and other than cleaning the bore, it is extremely doubtful that it will need anything.

All you really need is a .22 caliber cleaning rod and copper brush, and some Hoppe's No. 9