In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Match AR's: A2 vs A4

flyingtorpedoflyingtorpedo Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2009 in Ask the Experts
I know the difference between a2 and a4. I'm wanting to know the pro's and con's between the two on a match ar. I am torn between the two so thought this might help in my decision making before I buy a RRA NM. Only 30-40 bucks in price difference so that's not a factor here. Thanks for your insight.

Comments

• quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    Well an A4 will allow you to mount a scope properly.

It will also allow you to mount a free floating forend to interface one continious rail from the front of the upper to the sight tower.. This is a good thing if you plan on useing a night vision device in front of your day optics.
  • NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    I would say it depends on what you want to do with it.

If you are trying to use it in some kind of competition then you would need one that flts the rules for that.

With an A2 you have a longer barrel and longer sight radius making it more accurate. You will also have a (or should have) a slightly higher velocity with the longer barrel.

With the A4 you have a better way mount an optic since you have the rails to directly mount it too. It also puts the scope in a lower/better position.

I am not sure what you are using it for but if you are looking for a longer range scoped rifle I would suggest you look more toward the flat top, no front sight, heavier barrel version put out by most companies.