In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Great price on Tikka T3 .243 with scope?

Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in Ask the Experts
I am loooking at getting Tikka T3 in a .243 tomorrow with a Nikon Buckmaster scope and 4 boxes of Federal ammo (Power-shok I think, guy just said blue box). Gun is 2 years old with little usage (less then 50 shots).

What would be a great price? Thanks.

P.S. gun is for my 13 year old daughter who will turn 14 in time for youth season.

Comments

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    525..would be a deal,,,[:I] you have bought it already,,,so what did you pay?
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will be buying it tonight for $500. Includes a sling and an ammo sleeve as well. I did not want to get too much into this as she will move up to a bigger caliber rifle as she matures. She is only 5'1" and 100 pounds at the moment, but still growing.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Heck she could hunt deer with a good .243 for the rest of her life. Pronghorn too.
  • amblerrlamblerrl Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i'm 62 and hunt with the same rifle and caliber.
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The front swivel had been epoxied back in and a small amount of it had seeped on the side of the stock, plusthe guy only had 1 & 3/4 boxes of ammo so I got it for $450. Well worth it.

I know she can hunt with the .243 forever but we have loooong shots here in the breaks of North Dakota and I don't like shooting a .243 past 250 yards. Both deer I shot last year with a 300WSM were later ranged at 265 yards. I thought those were basically normal shots for our area and would eventually like to get a 270wsm with a Gentry quiet brake for her down the road.

Anyways, at $450 I am tickled to get the rifle already set up with a fair scope.
  • laogailaogai Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    congrats on a great deal on a fine rifle. i have a tikka 695 and love it, and an old rem 788 in 243 that has killed every deer it has shot at since 1979. but i agree with you on going to na larger caliber when she's ready, i did the same thing--up to a 270. my 10-to-300+ yard shots in kansas and nebraska with the 270 have always been lethal on deer.