In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

luger magazine catch spring

lotus ladylotus lady Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in Ask the Experts
Can you believe my 1907 Commercial Luger magazine catch spring-SPRUNG and has been LOST. Does anyone know who could make one? I have tried Numrich & CMR. They don't have one. Any suggestions? Please help!

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello I can't really say what kind of spring this is by my pictures and Dont want to pull one of my pistols down but if you take the Magazine release and contact an office machine repair shop they might let you talk to a service rep .and he might have a JUNKED machine parts stash with a spring you could use.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Post your request to www.lugerforum.com Some of the members have been known to hoard Luger parts. I'm sure they would be more then happy, to help a lady in need.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you can't find one it is an easy spring to make.
    It is .017" thick x .160 wide x 3/4" long with a gentle bend.
    Originals have a detent formed in the upper end to snap into a frame recess.
    That could be formed by softening the spring and hitting it with a fine chisel then rehardening and tempering.
    The spring should work without the detent as the left grip has a notch to keep the spring in place.
  • Options
    lotus ladylotus lady Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thank you all. I joined the Luger forum and posted a request.
    - fingers crossed