In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Benelli SuperNova pump; disassembly problem

umr78umr78 Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in Ask the Experts
I need to take it apart for proper cleaning but I can't get the trigger assembly to lift out of the receiver. I've followed the manual, tried it with safety on, safety off, dry fired and cocked; just can't get it to move with pretty strong pulling. I don't want to break anything so I thought I'd ask the experts. The only thing different about my gun from the one illustrated in the manual is the pistol-grip stock. I considered taking the butt off but that seems illogical every time you want to clean the gun.
Can you help me please?
thanks

Comments

• Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    If it tears down anything like the Nova, you should remove the two pins, and then you should be able to lift the trigger assembly up from the rear of the receiver (trigger guard end). It will have a lip on the front (feeding ramp end) so you want to pull from the trigger guard. You should be able to accomplish this with it cocked and on safety.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks but that didn't do the trick. I'm gonna take the buttstock off next to see if that might have something to do with it but it seems crazy that you'd have to do that to clean the mechanisms.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yep, done everything but throw them across the room. I purchased the gun used through Gunbroker but it is like new from everything I can see. i'll contact the guy I got it from for advice as well.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Have you tugged on it with a fair amount of force? It really should not be that hard to take down. Find out if he had any known issues breakdown.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    All right! Now I know. You just have to take the buttstock off and everything comes out fine. I'll just keep a 13mm socket/ratchet in my kit and get used to it.
    Thanks for your discussion, it is good to hear from someone else.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That still sounds wrong, you shouldn't have to remove the stock to get it apart. I would give Benelli a call, just to hear what they have to say on it. Check out the other forums, don't be a stranger!!

Welcome to Gun Broker![8D]