In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

holster for EAA Witness

telohftelohf Member Posts: 913 ✭✭
edited May 2013 in Ask the Experts
Ok so I broke down and bought the full size EAA in 10mm. Now I need to find something to carry it in. Anyone here that has one could you please tell me what you carry it in? I am looking for a nice leather type belt holster. Any suggestions would be great thanks.

Comments

• Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good choice of caliber. One thing I will mention is if it is one of the older EAA ones make sure you put quite a few rounds through it before trusting your life on it (good advice anyway, but especially for these). Some of those needed to have the feed ramp and/or slide rails polished for them to feed 100% of the time. I used Flitz and a dremel for mine.

Back to the topic at hand, when i had mine, it was the all-metal compact one and if I remember correctly, I used a semi-generic holster based off the Browning Hi-Power. Mine was IWB since we didn't have open carry at the time. Remember a good solid belt is as important (or more) than the holster itself for comfort so don't just buy a dress belt and call it good.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    telohf,

This one here is for the CZ-97B, which is their rendition of a 45 ACP version, of the CZ-75. It should be just what the doctor ordered.

http://www.alessigunholsters.com/alessi-holsters-cqc-s-holster-for-cz-usa-guns/

Best
  • Options
    telohftelohf Member Posts: 913 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the help guys I will check out the site for the Alessi holsters.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tsr1965
    telohf,

This one here is for the CZ-97B, which is their rendition of a 45 ACP version, of the CZ-75. It should be just what the doctor ordered.

http://www.alessigunholsters.com/alessi-holsters-cqc-s-holster-for-cz-usa-guns/

Best

+1.

The older SMALL frame Witnesses (which is NOT what you have) will fit fine into any holster that will hold a CZ-75. From experience, a Beretta leather holster isn't a bad fit, and others can be made to work.

For the LARGE frame Witnesses (which is what all the 10mm guns are) best fit for a non-specialty holster will probably be a CZ-97 holster.

Note that if your 10mm gun has a built in rail (and the newer ones do) it may be a tight fit into a standard CZ holster and this may not work so well.

This outfit has a few holsters, though they're not fancy leather:
    http://www.henningshootsguns.com/shop/holsters.html

Obviously any custom leather holster maker can make you something, no sweat.