In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Burgo Revolver

Randy TRandy T Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in Ask the Experts
I have an old German Burgo 8 shot .22 cal revolver that is 30-years old and in excellent condition. The proof markings on it include a man's head with a beard and he appears to have a hat on with a feather in it. In front of the cylinder it has HW5 engraved on it. It also says Made In Germany. Does anyone have any information on this type of gun?

Comments

• Options
    22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    Rohm mfg pistols under a variety of names: Burgo, Hy-Score, EIG, Liberty-21, etc; the importation of most of them were prohibited under the 1968 Gun Control Act, however.

Steel is for guns Tupperware is for leftovers

happy_fc.gif
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My reference notes ( per the Trademark & Model number), that your revolver was manufactured by the Hermann Weihrauch Co. of Mellrichstadt, West Germany. It was sold using the trade name "Burgo" which were put on the guns retailed by the Burgsmuller Co.

Although they were sold quite inexpensively in the 60's, prior to the implementation of the 1968 Gun Control Law. Their quality isn't all that bad, i.e. they're safe to shoot.

luger_4.jpg
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Correct answer was given by both responders,,,,

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff