In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

H&R id?

jimbo1096jimbo1096 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in Ask the Experts
b.goforth, I saw your informative response in another post and wondered if you could help ID this one?

20042294361986446308272.jpg

Comments

• Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Believe it to be what H&R called their Automatic Ejecting Revolver that was in production from 1896 through 1941 (dates are approx.) and given the s/n stated would estimate date to be 1898-99.

However, my resources on H&R are limited and they sometimes conflict on dates as is the case with this model where I have 1-2 year disparity on start date across 3 reference books.

2470099-S.jpg
    If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • b.goforthb.goforth Member Posts: 982
    edited November -1
    jimbo,
    your revolver is an auto-ejecting second model and just the one patent date means in was manufactured between 1890 and 1892. manufactured for black powder cartridges pressures. the auto-ejecting first model had a different frame and was manufactured between 1885 and 1889. the second model was manufactured between 1890 and 1904 and the third model 1905 to 1941. the third model is the only one safe with somkeless powder.
    b.goforth
  • jimbo1096jimbo1096 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks contenderman and b.goforth,---Where in the world do you guys come up with all this info? I have never been able to find any info on it at all. I've had it about thirty years and shot about 300 rnds of reloads through it. Guess I better stop shooting it since your advice against it. It is more of a conversation piece really. Probaly only worth about $50 in the rough shape it is in. It does have the auto-eject, is a breaktop, and the only thing in decent shape are the grips. I took it away from a CA cop in I think 1982. He was using it as a doorstop.