In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

S&W web site?

Prescott PetePrescott Pete Member Posts: 207 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know a web site to determine date of mfg. of S&W handguns?
Also,when did the semi auto S&W handguns go from square trigger guards to round or was it the other way around? Any and all help is appreciated.Thanks

Comments

• Options
    WheelgunWheelgun Member Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you'll post the model and (partial) serial number including any letter prefix, I, or someone here can give you the approximate production date for that serial range.

Understand that the only way to know for sure when your gun was shipped is to get a "factory letter". They're usually only useful on older guns and the cost for the letter is $30 from S&W's official historian; Roy Jinks.

Mark

orig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is a model 6906 and serial # VAS61--.
    This certainly is not an old gun and I was curious when it was mfg. Thank you.
  • Options
    Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A compact 9mm

Mfg. from 1989-1999

VAS prefix 1995-1996 probably closer to 96

S&W does not have a web site to do info searches, however the Smith and Wesson Collectors Association has a site and they are working to get a lot of research info. online, but you have to be a member to access the site.

2470099-S.jpg
    If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • Options
    WheelgunWheelgun Member Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually, the best place on the 'net for S&W info is --> http://smith-wessonforum.com [;)]

Mark
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you very much for your answers.I really appreciate them.