In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

sending gun to taurus for repair what do i write

corey796corey796 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited March 2004 in Ask the Experts
what do i write on the box i send my gun to taurus if any thing

Comments

• Options
    Jake_S-83Jake_S-83 Member Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just like any other package, receiving address and return address
    I would call them first
  • Options
    jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Here is a link to a pre-log form you fill in prior to sending in the gun.
    http://www.taurususa.com/customercare/prelog.cfm

Ship your UNLOADED Taurus handgun to:

Taurus International
    ATTN: Repair Department
    16175 NW 49 Ave.
    Miami, FL 33014

http://www.taurususa.com/main/repair-policy-shipping.cfm

DO NOT WRITE "THIS PACKAGE CONTAINE A FIREARM". THAT'S AGAINST THE LAW. Tell UPS you are shipping a handgun/whatever to the manufacturer. It's got to go by 2nd day air at the minimum.

The Taurus Unlimited Lifetime Repair PolicyT is just that. The lifetime of the gun...not the buyer. This is the first warranty of its type in the industry. No other manufacturer has the confidence to extend this kind of offer. Except us. We know how good our guns are, and we are not afraid to stand behind them...for a lifetime

warranty%5b1%5d.gif
  • Options
    dandydandy Member Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well let me tell you about my experience about the lifetime warrenty in my case!!! I bought a new Taurus revolver in the mid 80's and took care of it and really did not shoot it much, as accuracy was really subpar. I was cleaning and oiling it along with my other guns as I do regularly, when I noticed the frame was cracked. I doubt if the pistol had over 500 rounds through it and were all factury loads. Well as it happens a Taurus Rep was at the range that weekend doing a demo. I took the gun to him and asked about this FANTASTIC WARRENTY, He said Taurus would stand by its word and replace it NO PROBLEM. Well I called them and there was a problem!! They would not warrent this pistol said it was not their gun!! Well I thought a Taurus pistol was a Taurus pistol, but not according to them. I made several calls and just got the runaround, until I told them , no problem , I'll sell the gun at the next show and they can handle the legal ramifications when it blew up in someone's face!! Finally talked to someone who didn't think my ideal was so great, so came up with a deal to sell me another pistol a model 65 for only $330. What a deal!! I took the deal and sent them my junk along with a check. I wasn't going to sell a timebomb to some poor soul and this seemed like the only solution. I have fired only 24 rounds throuh the new pistol and guess what accuracy sucks!!! I keep it just a reminder of Taurus and their broken promise. I will never own another Taurus as long as I live, and I tell anyone thinking about buying one my ordeal dealing with them.SO DON'T TELL ME ABOUT A LIFETIME WARRENTY BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT BACK IT UP!!!!!!!![:(!][:(!][:(!] Dandy
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry, dandy, I was just giving shipping instructions and thought I'd throw the warranty claim and lofo in there for kicks.

Maybe they've turned over a new leaf.
  • Options
    dandydandy Member Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry for the rant, it wasn't directed at you at all, I should have posted so in my editorial,.......... just brought back some bad memories.[:D][:D] Dandy
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    Another GB member and friend has been waiting on a part from Taurus for over 6 weeks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    THAT IS A PROBLEM. I'D BE ALL OVER CSR IF IT WAS ME.

I'VE HAD PARTS IN TWO DAYS FROM WALTHER, EVEN BEFORE THEY GOT THE DAMAGED PART BACK.
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Once junk always junk guys. Taurus still ranks at the lower end of the totem pole.

God gave us all a gift. Have you found yours yet ?