In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt Stagecoach Value

tomatgladstonetomatgladstone Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited March 2004 in Ask the Experts
I purchased a colt stagecoach new 28 years ago but I can't find the value, I am missig the front sight hood but everything else is complete.

Comments

• Options
    RancheroPaulRancheroPaul Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Complete" is good! Even better with the Front Sight Hood because there is very few of them anywhere, except maybe, on another rifle! This gun could be worth up to about $350 if in 100% condition, which wouldn't apply if parts are missing. At least to a Collector, this would be the case. On the Down side, it could be worth as little as $80 or $90 if in 50 to 60% condition. These rifles, if shot a lot tend to "crack" in the corners of the bottom rear of the receiver. This is somehow due to the aluminum alloy from which they are made. This is something to look for and can be devastating on the value. There was about 25,000 of them made from about 1965 to the 70's, some with serial numbers made after 1968, and the earlier ones without a serial number. No particular difference in value regarding serial numbered or not.

In shooting these rifles, one of the most obvious things is the short length and how difficult it is to use unless you are of small stature. Not a gun for the average sized adult, in my opinion. Great "Beginner" gun for youngsters who it "fits" much better...... As a "shooter" I would find another brand that more adequately fit me. As a Collector, I would like one in NIB condition.....otherwise, little interest as I have found most folks didn't want to pay much for them. I have owned two very nice ones, one at a solid 95% and one even better, but was only offered $200 for either of them......hard to move! My experience, anyway. Hope this helps.

I Miss The World I Grew Up In!
  • Options
    tomatgladstonetomatgladstone Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You're Welcome! Glad to have been able to help.

• Options
    lancegamma.comlancegamma.com Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gentlemen,
    I recently sold here at auction (no reserve, starting at $250) a Stagecoach in 90% condition with no paper or box for $370. The man who purchased the rifle had one when he was a kid and missed it. The sight hood is in stock at Gunparts for a few dollars. I also have for sale a Colteer which is the same rifle with a 19.5" barrel which would make a good shooting companion to the little stubby.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Congratulations on your Sale! You did good and you ought to think kindly about your luck......! The Moderator of this board, Capt. Kirk, will probably let you know this and remove your post. This isn't the way the guidelines for this forum works.....no "For Sale" ads so if I were you, I would list the gun on the auction site. Good Luck!

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got 125. out of my colteer and glad to get it. Basically junk IMO. NAMBU