In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

H Young flintlock pistols

mcasomcaso Member Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2004 in Ask the Experts
flintlock pistols, brass barrel. What are they?

Comments

• Options
    rhmc24rhmc24 Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A lot more info is needed to describe your pistols. Even with a good description in words giving dimensions and markings, we couldn't tell you very much. A picture, or better several good pictures, will make it possible to give you info you need. If you can't put a picture here on GB, if you can send it direct to me, I can probably ID the pistols. rhmc24@swbell.net
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    I have a car...4 wheels...what is it?...As You can see....Not much to go on is there...Be specific, and discribe what You have...Keep in mind that I/We can only see what You have thru your eyes...Discribe it in detail...Every Mark, Number. Every Letter and Proof..Type of Wood, You say Brass barrel....how about the Lock? The Trigger Guard? Butt Cap? Thimbles and Escussion Plate? A Photo would be of emmence help...Its possible that you have an American made Pistol...as there was a Maker named Henry Young in Easton, Penn. back in 1767 thru 1784...He was Located at the intersection of Minnisink Highway, main mountain thoroughfare, and Old Sullivan Road..Henry also had a Younger brother that worked for Him on occasion...His Name was John and was a Master Engraver as well as a Musket maker...But to be able to be of some service to You...We need a Better discription and or a Photo......

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • Options
    rhmc24rhmc24 Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As the good Capt stated, there was an H. Young maker in Easton PA around 1780, also several Youngs in England around that time but no initial given. If yours can be authenticated as American it could be worth serious money. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    mcasomcaso Member Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If this posts twice, forgive me. There was a problem.
    Thanks rhmc24,
    The pair belong to a friend. I have not seen them for a couple of years. One looked ok, the other like a parts gun. He got them from his late father along with a extremly ruty small gun with three or four barrels that spread out like ones hand and fingers. I have been attempting to contact him.
    mcaso
  • Options
    Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When you get up with your friend try and get some pictures and if you don't have a way to post them, drop me an email and I'll post them for you.

As for the rusty little pistol what you've described is known as a "duck foot" but until we have some specifics we don't know if this is reproduction stuff or original.

2470099-S.jpg
    If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!