In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Beretta CX4

venenoindyvenenoindy Member Posts: 113 ✭✭
edited March 2004 in Ask the Experts
I just purchuse one of these and looking for a red dot so can anybody tell me wich one can I buy in the 60-80 dlr range and where to get it from, also I need the rail that is needed to mount the scope where can I orther this things???

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Has any one ever shot them? How do they shoot?
    [:o)]

"A good scope can end a bad situation"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can anyone give me some real world feedback about this thing? Looking at it from a purely plinker standpoint. I have a hk94 and do not expect this to be comparable, but at the price I don't really see many drawbacks, unless it is a heap. TIA
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can anyone give thier opinion on the quality of this weapon.

Thanks[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I mean to say order, sorry it's been a long day!!!!!!
  • Options
    tajjntajjn Member Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the 60 to 80 dollar range probably a BSA brand sight might be your best bet, you usually can find them at gun shows. Hope someone gives you an idea on the top rail, I just got one of the Beretta Storms, darn accurate, but would like to mount a sight on mine also.
  • Options
    InvictaInvicta Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Adco, Bushnell, BSA, and Tasco all have models for around 80 bucks. Try Cabelas.com or gunaccessories.com.
  • Options
    CrousetrodomisCrousetrodomis Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's a story of my life, atleast one of them. I bought a CX4 a couple of days ago, and just noticed that here isnt a tapped hole infront of the rear sights to put an assessory rail. (a complete AWE-**** moment) There's a front tapped hole behind the front sight and you can see a small square looking mark on the stalk just infront of the rear sight where they probably "should" have tapped it. Sure, i'd like to buy a BSA sight, but now i'm going to have to send the rifle back to Beretta and i've read elsewhere that it "could" take up to 12 weeks to get back. Is 3 months really worth it, I mean come on. (IF YOUR THINKING ABOUT BUYING ONE, JUST LOOK FOR THAT FLAW) Dont get me wrong, I do love the feel of the rifle, but as with other firearms i've purchased, its just another thing. (read my other posts, i've got a .22 handgun that was "nib", but still cannot fire because the firing pin was chipped all to hell) Needless to say, they dont make the POS anymore, therefore, I'm stuck with it. Thanks!!!

"Huh, I never made the connection....Mr. Obvious, you're a life saver."
  • Options
    CrousetrodomisCrousetrodomis Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's a story of my life, atleast one of them. I bought a CX4 a couple of days ago, and just noticed that here isnt a tapped hole infront of the rear sights to put an assessory rail. (a complete AWE-**** moment) There's a front tapped hole behind the front sight and you can see a small square looking mark on the stalk just infront of the rear sight where they probably "should" have tapped it. Sure, i'd like to buy a BSA sight, but now i'm going to have to send the rifle back to Beretta and i've read elsewhere that it "could" take up to 12 weeks to get back. Is 3 months really worth it, I mean come on. (IF YOUR THINKING ABOUT BUYING ONE, JUST LOOK FOR THAT FLAW) Dont get me wrong, I do love the feel of the rifle, but as with other firearms i've purchased, its just another thing. (read my other posts, i've got a .22 handgun that was "nib", but still cannot fire because the firing pin was chipped all to hell) Needless to say, they dont make the POS anymore, therefore, I'm stuck with it. Thanks!!!

"Huh, I never made the connection....Mr. Obvious, you're a life saver."
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    The Storm is an attempt to remake the Wilkinson Terry 9mm carbine in a more user friendly shape. Much like the AR180B it is not doing so well in the market place. You like the idea of the storm get a pre ban Terry. My 2 cents [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • Options
    BoomerangBoomerang Member Posts: 4,513
    edited November -1
    Is this the little carbine I have heard referred to as Euro-trash carbine? I am not familiar with this gun at all.

Boomer

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as it is by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed"

. and the antithesis to this philosophy was uttered by Bill Clinton "I smoked it, but I didn't inhale."[V]

NRA Life Member