In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

unknown ammo

polar bearpolar bear Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited April 2005 in Ask the Experts
I have a customer who is trying to identify some ammo he has. It comes in clear plastic boxes, 30 rnds to a box. It has the same length case as a 9mm but it is rimmed. The bullet is longer than a typical 9mm.
The headstamp reads: FN * 380 2Z That is a star between FN & 380.
The plastic boxes have a band around them which reads: FN 30 cart .38 ordin ball.
What is this stuff?

Comments

• Options
    polar bearpolar bear Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please help me id this ammo

Belt of 62 centerfire rounds, marked L C 8 1, 2-5/8" (6.5cm) long red recessed tip. Photos at http://www.gk43forum.com/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=327

Thanks in advance
    Bert
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Go to the WANTED Portion of the Forums.....'ICONOCLAST' the Moderator of that Forum {WANTED} is our Resident Ammunition Expert.....He'll have the answer to your question.....

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bear, get me a case length measurement. Either .380 CF or .380 service revolver. Actually, you can do this yourself - if the c/l is the same as a .38 S&W it is the .380 service / .380 Webley / several other names. If shorter, it is the CF. I'd give 4-1 odds it is the service revolver as the "2Z" would mean "Mark 2 nitrocelluous powder" in British military nomenclature.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the french." (Mark Twain)