In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

walther p22

sendero270huntersendero270hunter Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
edited May 2005 in Ask the Experts
What are everyones thoughts on the walther P22, Im looking for a .22 that everyone from my parents, girlfriend and myself can enjoy. I really love the look of the walther, any PRO's and CON's I should know about?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Thinking about buying a walther P22 as a target/play gun. Anyone got any opinions about it?
    Joe
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hello All,

The firing pin in my P22 is broken. I can't seem to find a place where I can buy a new one.
    It is part #266 09 38. Does anyone know where I can find one?

Thanks!

Jerry
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone know of a good leather holster for this pistol.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is there any type of break in period for these or can I shoot a few hundred rounds first time out without worry.

Thanks

Larry
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Purchased a new Walther P22 about a year ago. Looked like a sweet little plinker but nothing but trouble. Gun only has approximately 100 rnds through it and while it goes into full battery and functions the fireing pin, most rounds only have a small dent in primer area without functioning the round....before I return it to Walther...any ideas (yes the gun is clean!)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Any comments on this pistol..? Pro or Con

Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anybody know anything about the Walther P22. I would
    like to hear from someone who has used it or has info
    regarding quality etc. Thanks...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I recently purchased one and noticed it has tactical rails. Just for fun I want to mount a laser or light on it. Are there any made just for the Walther???

Thanks

Larry
    runroom_x.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i've owned this lil pistol for almost a year now, but do to the interchangeable front sight, i lost the #3 that was the most effective for me...where can i get another?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I saw an interesting little gun at the gun show today. It was a Walther P22. It had the 5" barrel. It looks just like a miniature P99. I'm really interested now. Anyone have anything to say good or bad?-Marcus
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm interested in buying a Walther P22 and depending upon which gun store I'm and which clerk is waiting on me, opinions about the gun differ widely. Some say it's VERY AMMO SPECIFIC and will only accept higher end ammo. Others say it gobbles up everything loaded into it. I really don't want to buy a .22LR plinker that needs a special or expensive diet. My other choices (alternatives) would be a Ruger MKIII or a Ruger Single Six with .22LR & .22WMRF cylinders. Can anyone give me some insight into the P22's ammo? Much appreciated.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My p22 seems to be having some issues. The firing pin isnt hitting the back of the cartridge hard enough to fire. It misfires about every other time. Ive taken it apart and cleaned and lubed everything good. But it still does it. Are their any known problems with these guns? Help!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    rear sight is loose tipping front to back...side to side is tight & screw adjuster works...how do i solve this problem....haven't found any info how this is mounted.....thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can someone please tell me how they feel about this firearm? Im looking at it for my 12 year old. Thanks alot

Go Army Beat Navy
    IF you wanna have fun join the cavalry
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey anyone know anything about this pistol likes or dislikes?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I bought a Walther p22 a couple of years ago. I love the feel and the look. But, Ive had nothing but problems with it. It is very * about what ammo it will shoot. It will go through the first 10rd clip perfect. Then, it will only shoot about every other round. If you pull back the hammer and fire again on the same bullet. It will fire. I have taken apart, polished, properly lubed everything 10 times over. Any help would be appreciated. I dont really want to give it up. But a gun that isnt reliable, isnt worth having. Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How accurate is a Walther p22?? Would this be a good purchase to plink with and possible conceal and carry, or would I get more BANG for my buck with something else??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a walther P 22 . When i take it out to the range the safety snaps on every 2nd to 3rd shot. What can I do to prevent this from happening?

respect for the rights of others is peace (Benito Juarez)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone have any extensive shooting experience with this little gun? Any "real world" information would be appreciated.

BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have read and heard alot on the Walther P22,what your take on it????thanks for any input& help BILLY
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hello All,

I would like to know if I can lessen the trigger pull. If so, how would I go about doing it?
    Is there another trigger group I could buy, etc.

Thanks!
  • Options
    dotcom_guy30dotcom_guy30 Member Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    try sarco

the thing that scares me is that we could be living in someone else's own reality
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Notthat you asked, but I TOOK MINE OUT A WEEK AGO AND MAAZED ME HOW WELL IT SHOT. CCI stingers, and a steady hand, that gun shot very well. No jams, ect. just for info...nambu
  • Options
    ace22ace22 Member Posts: 544 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    S&W has the part 800-372-6454

I'm not a hippy!I'm a well groomed mountain man