In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

coast to coast

sendero270huntersendero270hunter Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
edited May 2005 in Ask the Experts
i inherited a coast to coast pump action shotgun in 20 gauge...who makes it? i've never heard of this manufacturer.

Comments

• zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Many major retailers (Sears, Wards, etc.) have always put their own brand name on guns they have sold.

Coast To Coast were sold by Savage, Mossberg, Sears, Marlin, Springfield, and Stevens ... among others.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Zipperzap has it correct, but a little turned around. Coast to Coast was a department/hardware store a bit like the old Western Auto. They had guns made for them to sell under their name by a variety of manufacturers as Zipperzap indicates. There is a cross over list at http://www.e-gunparts.com/crossref.asp whee you can look up your model number and find out the manufacturer. The crossover lists are not exhaustive, but they are pretty complete. The rifles/shotguns sold with store names were usually economy models with plainer wood, no checkering, fixed sights or other cost saving differences from the manufacturers underlying model. They are frequently very reliable, good shooting guns, but have attracted scant collector interst and sell for less than the manufacturers model.
  • hedgehopper62hedgehopper62 Member Posts: 636 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    He Dog
    we still have a coast to coast store here,they also sold S & W shotguns under thier name.tks hedge
  • gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    I have a coast to coast model 40 22. Its made by Marlin. Same as the model 60. Its 33 years old and still shoots extremely acurate groups.

Larry
    binladen.gifShowLetter.gif
  • zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Yeah - what HeDog said!

I just reread that and it kinda got all twisted up in the translation ... uh,
    MIS-translation of it all!

Thanks for keeping me honest!
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And thanks to hedgehopper62 for giving me an up date. Coast to Coast lives!
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And minty boxes of their house brand .22 ammo bring a nice premium . . . not enough for retirement, but enough so it would be a mistake to shoot them off (2-3 x current prices).

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the french." (Mark Twain)