In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New riflescope???

Alpha ManAlpha Man Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited April 2005 in Ask the Experts
Have any of you ever heard of a scope called a "Hammers"? It is supposedly equipped with the new lighted crosshairs at the turn of a knob on top of the scope. What do they cost and are they any good?

Alpha Man

Comments

• He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have not heard of it, which is usually not a good sign. Great scopes do not just suddenly pop up out of now where. The price may be some indication of quality. To get the quality of a Burris, Leupold or Nikon scope, you will pay those prices, no matter who manufactured it. The name brands also have models with lighted reticles or dots in the crosshairs.
  • Alpha ManAlpha Man Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks He Dog. I actually overheard a couple of other guys talking about this scope and became curious.

Alpha Man
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if you havn't heard of it,..and it doesn't run at $1000 or more, it is probably worth running away from. The reason I say the $1000 or more, is because a lot of folks have not heard of the high end tacticals and LR scopes that are in that price range,..certainly not because I have unexhaustable resources and a safe full of this sort of thing. I wish......

Stick with He Dog's suggestions and you'll be better off for it.

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • Hang-Fire1Hang-Fire1 Member Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just got a Leupold scope and could not be happier! Tried and true;-)

http://www.libertybelles.org