In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Robinson Arms Rifles

moparmopar Member Posts: 338 ✭✭
edited April 2005 in Ask the Experts
Been thinking of getting one of these rifles sometime in the near future.From what I've read and heard,they're good guns and are reliable,and they take AR/M16 mags which is a plus too.

Does anyone have first hand experience with one of these type rifles?Especially the shorter "scout"type or the Bren gun top feed mag type?

Also,what are the best type mags to use and what should I stay away from?

Thanks Ya'll
Doug

Comments

• Options
    MooseyardMooseyard Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I went to the SAR Show this year I was very interested in them and was considering buying one of each to sell in the shop. The owner was there and was so rude, that I just walked away. He lost a customer for good.

"My faith, my country and my family will guide me; nothing more, nothing less" -Gen. Tommy Franks

Jess Hoffman
    Mooseyard Precision
    LE Supply & Firearms
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Shawano, WI 54166
  • Options
    moparmopar Member Posts: 338 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Mooseyard,

Thanks for the info.Think I'll walk away from this one too.I really don't have much use for rude and obnoxious people.

Doug
  • Options
    NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mopar: I am a Mopar fan and have a Robinson VEPR II. It is a Russian rifle. Advantages: super reliable and well made

Disadvantages: It is on the heavy side and the sights are
    tough to use.

This is a good rifle, can be field stripped with no tools, easy as pie, runs great, uses any AK mags and I love it. I paid $479