In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Muzzle Loader Powder Update

Flambeau DanFlambeau Dan Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
edited November 2005 in Ask the Experts
Thanks guys for all the information given on my powder problem, I just wanted to give a little info on the Kleanbore primers. Here in wisconsin, Walmart stores sell them for $4.99 a box of 100,Scheels in Appelton sells them for $3.99 per 100, depending on your location you have to decide, I am going to try the 50 grain sticks of American Pioneer Powder and if they don't perform, I will try the loose Powdwer as recommended,I personsally will not except a 3 1/2" group at 100 yds as some people will, I get a 1 1/2" pattern with the 777 pellets at 100 yds, again,I thank all of you for your valuable info,Dan

Comments

• Options
    hadjiihadjii Member Posts: 976 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why do you want to switch to another powder when you're getting such good groups with Triple-7. I use Triple-7, and also get about the same accuracy as you've described, and I wouldn't swap it for all the other stuff combined.