In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

HUNGARIAN AK

CHAIRMAKERCHAIRMAKER Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
edited November 2005 in Ask the Experts
Could not find one of these on the auction, but I'm sure someone out there can help. What would be a fair price for a pre-ban Hungarian AK 97%, perfect blond wood, 6 like-new rib back 30 rnd. mags, sling, correct bayo w/wire cutter and 400 rnds. of ammo?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    JudgeRoyBeanJudgeRoyBean Member Posts: 282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First of all, is this an Underfolder or does it have the wood butt stock? If this is truly a "FEG" marked Hungarian AK 85 M, (made in 1985), there was only about 7,000 of these imported into the U.S. and there never will be any more of them! If so, you will be looking at a little more than $1,500 for either gun, and it could reach near $2,000 depending on who was wanting to buy it. The Underfolder came into the U.S. in a larger quantity so the Wood Butt Stock model is a little more scarce and brings more money, (average about 10% more), but there was only two models imported described above.

Pictures, (close-ups of the markings), as well as of the entire rifle would confirm identification and aid in determining the condition, hence, the value.....Post some or e-mail them to me and I will let you know what you have and what it might bring.......

Henry Ford stated: "There is no one more useless than a Convict, except perhaps, those that guard him." This was his reason NOT to hire either one!
  • Options
    CHAIRMAKERCHAIRMAKER Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Judge,
    It is the fixed stock model. I cannot post pics, but will check the markings you indicated. Thanks