In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

M20 Chinese Tokarev, any idea?

sherrill15sherrill15 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited November 2005 in Ask the Experts
I recently acquired a what I just found out was a Chinese M20 Tokarev. The gun has no import marks and was bought from a Vietnam vet who brought it back. No markings whatsoever just the M20 on top of the slide with a serial number. I was told this was a "ghost" gun, no markings so no one knew where it was made. He still had the original ammo in it which is dated 1948 and 1953. He said he got it off of a VC he shot during the TET offensive. Any idea what this gun is worth or how old it is?
Thanks,
sherrill15

Charles Robert Sherrill

Comments

• Options
    sherrill15sherrill15 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A book about military firearms briefly mentions a M20 Chinese Tokarev but never said what exactly it was suppose to be. I finally found out that this model was made with out any markings so they could ship it to Vietnam without anyone knowing where they came from. Guess they didn't want the US to know what they were up to. By the time the m 66 came out that's when they started dating the pistols and adding markings. They figured by then everyone knew they were helping out. I was just wondering how old these are and if it's worth anything.
    sherrill15

Charles Robert Sherrill