In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FFL/LEO shipping

rdprdp Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited December 2005 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone have a source or copy of the Fed regulations allowing a FFL to ship direct to a LEO with a letterhead?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    mrs102mrs102 Member Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might find it on the BATFE website. You will probably find a format for the letter in a gun catalog geared to Law Enforcement. Streichers comes to mind. I ordered a pistol or two that way a number of years ago. Basically the letter had to have the department letterhead, be signed by the chief/sheriff of the department, describe the make and model of firearm being ordered, and include a statement the firearm was being ordered by an individual officer for duty use only, and finally it had to include the officers full name and birth date. I'm sure others will check in with the exact regulation.
  • Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    Just get the Letter written on their Letterhead and ship it to them. I've done it several times before the Assault Weapons Ban expired. If you are concerned about this do a google search for 27 CFR 178.134

AlleninAlaska
    Delta Firearms & Supplies

aglore@gci.net
  • Options
    rdprdp Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is it!!!!!

Thanks for the help
  • Options
    EOD GuyEOD Guy Member Posts: 931
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by aglore
    Just get the Letter written on their Letterhead and ship it to them. I've done it several times before the Assault Weapons Ban expired. If you are concerned about this do a google search for 27 CFR 178.134

AlleninAlaska
    Delta Firearms & Supplies

aglore@gci.net

That search will get you an outdated regulation. 27CFR ?178.134 no longer exists. All the 27CFR ??178 and 179 references were changed to ??478 and 479 when BATF was transferred to the Department of Justice. The wording remained the same, but could change over time.