In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SW40VE sights

fastcarsgofastfastcarsgofast Member Posts: 7,179
edited July 2013 in Ask the Experts
I picked up an SW40VE on trade. So far it seems ok (at least a lot better than the 1st gen sigma I had before) except that the sights are a cheap plastic. The only replacements I can find are night sights. Does anyone have a source for metal sights for these pistols?

Comments

• Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The new SW40VE has a different trigger/sear mechanism than the original Sigmas for a much better trigger feel, and a better frame with standard rail. Not saying its great, but its a much better gun.

On sights, I think you're going to have a hard time finding an aftermarket metal non-night sight for this gun. MMC used to, but I don't think anyone is still making them.

A stock Glock front sight should fit with only minor modification. So that's a pretty cheap/easy option. Rear sight? Don't think so.

If cost is an issue, you may be able to pick up a set of OLD Sigma/SW40 night sights on the cheap, then black out the dots.

EG, don't know how old/new they are, but there is a set of Meprolight tritiums for a Sigma on E-schmay now for $83 shipped. That's a pretty good price, I think.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Give the customer service folks at Brownells a call. They carry a extensive selection of sights. Being it's a S & W, I have to believe that the rear sight dovetail is a standard size. Not one just made for this particular model.

The only problem I can see, is if you mean to use it as a carry gun. Some of the aftermarket rear sights are on the large size. Tend to catch on clothing and stuff, compared to the low profile original ones.