In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gun Values ?

atirws1atirws1 Member Posts: 7
edited August 2013 in Ask the Experts
I want to get rid of some of my guns, and would to know a good starting price to ask for the lot. Please help me out I need them gone, wife driving me nuts to get rid of some of my guns.

Winchester Model 94 30 30 Serial 3070746
Smith & Wesson Model 60 .38 Stainless
No. 3 Remington Smoot revolver in Caliber .38 rimfire
Small .22 rifle only writing is the caliber no serials that I have found very old.
Winchester Model 12. 12 gauge Serial 1735335
Browning .22 LR Serial 26379X7

DSCF2643.jpg

Comments

• mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nice lot would mind the smith but might be cheaper to get rid of wife
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The bubbaed 94, is a killer value wise. The first generation Browning "T" bolt is quite desirable. It was made during the "salt wood" era, that might detract from the value though?

All the guns except the Remington Smoot and the single shot .22 are commonly found on the auctions, So starting prices can be easily established.

The .22 if it functions and the bore is OK? Probably between $75 & $100. It's hard to call the Remington, without quality close-up photos.
  • burpfireburpfire Member Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my take on the whole lot in value:

30-30, maybe 200.00. the stock will kill all value. you would make more money by sanding it down and re-staining it.

old 22 semi-auto. 60.00
    browning 22. 150.00 tops.
    Winchester model 12 at most 250.00
    smith model 60 about 350.00
    Remington smoot anywhere from 100.00 up to 600.00 depending if it has been refinished, and the action is good working condition.

you will have a tough time selling them at once, as there are very few people who collect such a diverse variety of guns.
  • 0oAKo47o00oAKo47o0 Member Posts: 409 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like to add the smith and remington to my collection.
  • allamericangunshopallamericangunshop Member Posts: 727 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok,,,
    Some good , and as stated some not so good !
    Either take a bunch of pics and list on GunBroker or email me ?

Thanks !!!
    d.a.stearns .......... a.k.a. ........ SKEEZIX ..................
    Gunsmith / LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    Athens , Tn

... www.tnhandgunclasses.vpweb.com
  • competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by burpfire
    my take on the whole lot in value:

30-30, maybe 200.00. the stock will kill all value. you would make more money by sanding it down and re-staining it.

old 22 semi-auto. 60.00
    browning 22. 150.00 tops.
    Winchester model 12 at most 250.00
    smith model 60 about 350.00
    Remington smoot anywhere from 100.00 up to 600.00 depending if it has been refinished, and the action is good working condition.

you will have a tough time selling them at once, as there are very few people who collect such a diverse variety of guns.

There are wholesale and retail prices on firearms, just like any other item. I think "burpfire's" prices would be good for the "starting prices" (what you said you were looking for) if listing them on the auction side. I think the prices are at, or a little below, what a dealer would potentially be willing to offer you. In the auction, you'd have the advantage of having retail buyers bid them higher.

As noted though, you have to separate them out and sell them individually. As "one lot" I think you'd have difficulty getting even near "wholesale" prices on them.
  • BigLoop22BigLoop22 Member Posts: 620 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    atirws1,

The single-shot,.22 rifle looks like a version of a STEVENS MODEL 15 (Savage/ Springfield/ Stevens/ 15/ 15A/ 15B). They are good , simple, acurate, inexpensive rifles. $75.00-to-$125.00 is a good price for one of them. The lack of a serial number means that it was made before 1968, when the Gun Control Act made serial numbers mandatory, on rifles.