In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Fire Sale Need help

nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
edited August 2013 in Ask the Experts
Have a fire sale going on that I can buy from. What I have a chance at so far, there are more coming.

model 1894 44mag, guy says its an 80's gun, from the picture looks to be in great shape, and it is newer and def not a pre 1964. He wants 300, seems to be a good price, but not a fire sale price

Second is a speedmaster 552 also in nice shape. He claims its a 22mag, but didnt think they made them like that, again looks to be a 70s or 80s gun. Hes talking 250.

Let me know what you think.

Comments

• Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yeah I was thinking that, really at the point now where I dont have a bunch of gun money so hobby buys arent in the mix. I think the model 94 is a good buy not smoking but a good buy, the speedmaster I can see where they can go for 500 but searching auctions theres one with a bid of 300 the rest are at the 150-175 range, so I dont know.
  • Options
    hslaterprycehslaterpryce Member Posts: 927 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buy 'em both..........
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hslaterpryce
    Buy 'em both..........

+1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    dad is getting those for me. the 94 is a 3.4 million serial which puts it in the 70s somewhere I would think. metal near perfect he said wood in great shape but has 1-2 smalle dings looks like in and out of safe stuff.

The speed master he has not see yet, I would be buying that to turn it around and make money at 250 I dont see it.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We are gun enablers here. I don't see either one as fire sale prices.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by charliemeyer007
    We are gun enablers here. I don't see either one as fire sale prices.

i didnt think so either. Fair prices yes, benefit the buyer a little more maybe but not by much if anything.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try to get the serial number for the 94. If it was made before the early 80's? Before USRA took over production. And it's a original Winchester, Winchester, it's a screaming deal.

Not so much the Remington. They made a zillion of them. Unless it's virtually NIB? I don't see you making enough money at that $250 price. To make it worth your while.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    Try to get the serial number for the 94. If it was made before the early 80's? Before USRA took over production. And it's a original Winchester, Winchester, it's a screaming deal.

Not so much the Remington. They made a zillion of them. Unless it's virtually NIB? I don't see you making enough money at that $250 price. To make it worth your while.

Well I dont want to give out the whole SN, but its 3,409,3XX but thats all of minus the last two numbers, that should be able narrow it down. Says Winchester on the barrel its round made in New haven. Any idea on value
  • Options
    edited November -1
    actually found it looks to be made in 1970.
  • Options
    Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If nothing else, the Winchester. I have a Trapper in .44, and that gun is a fun piece to shoot.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    this one is a model 94 SRC in 44 mag