In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Armsport Combination Guns

john singleton mosbyjohn singleton mosby Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
edited September 2013 in Ask the Experts
I was just at a Gun Show this weekend and came across a rather unique and what appeared to be of fine quality combination gun imported by Armsport and of Italian manufacture although I know not who was the manufacturer.
It had dual triggers and was a 12 ga. 3" magnum over a .223 Remington. Asking price was $895.00.
Anyone know who the manufacturer might have been and when made and whether it is of VG quality and reliability? It has nice walnut stocks and points nicely and is quite light.
There was a Voere at the same show and it was of great looking quality but was not for sale. It was a 20 ga. over .222 Rem.
I prefer to buy something with either a progressive single or dedicated dual triggers and certainly nothing with the hammer selector like on the cheap Savages. I plan to hunt turkeys and coyotes with it so I want something that is fast to operate.
Information on these imported combo guns seems rather hard to find, particularly the model numbers and manuals.

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Valmet Model 412 /512 was made for a short time by I think Tikka italy and also SAKO. Most that were imported into the U.S. have single selective triggers on the trigger guard moves side to side. But The guns made for Europe were available with twin triggers with the rifle trigger adjustable like some of the Pre war Drillings. I have one of each Use single trigger on sporting Clatys model and twin trigger on Combo and Rifle rifle model. The great thing about these guns is you can change barrel sets and use one receiver. Also the best feature is you can change the POINT OF IMPACT on the lower barrel to be the same as the top barrel on Combo barrel set Shotgun over rifle or rifle over rifle.
  • Options
    john singleton mosbyjohn singleton mosby Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the input on Valmet
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    According to the Blue Book, Armsport Inc., was a Miami based importer/distributor. They have been out of business since 2000.

If the combination gun is of Italian manufacturer? One of the proof marks will be a coded date.

I've found that older issues of the Gun Digest, are excellent sources of information on foreign sporting arms. Many times they have provided the actual manufacturer, when the importer/distributor is the only marking on the gun. Obviously you would have to have access to older editions, dating to the 1990's.