In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

savage 111

YUKONYUKON Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2013 in Ask the Experts
What Do you guys think of the Savage 111?
Info would help a lot.

Thanks
Drew

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Since most people seem to think that the Remington 710 is no good, what about the Savage 111? The prices are comparable and does anyone know about the quality and aaccuracy of this gun? Thanks again.

"To be prepared for War is one of the most
    effectual means of preserving peace"-George Washington
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm looking for a good reasonably priced rifle other than my NEF single shot .308. There's a sale on here offering the Savage 111 with scope and sling for $299. Offered in .270, .30-06, 7mm Mag, or .300 Mag. Would like to know if y'all have any opinions on the Savage 111 (good gun?, is $299 a good price?, etc.), and which caliber would be best for all-around use. Thanks!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Purchased (what I thought was) a used Savage 111, (that's the barrels roll mark), 30-06, black composite with a Deerfield 4-12 scope, F prefix serial number. Rifle looks excellent, scope not so much. Doing a little more research, I find the 111 should have a detachable magazine or floor plate. This rifle does not. Were any 111's manufactured without the exposed magazine? Or do I have a 110 with a 111 barrel??

Haven't taken it out of the stock yet to see what it looks like underneath. This is not a more current accu-trigger model.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    could use a little help trying to find D O M for this Gun
    Tried savage site and no luck #619xxxx.
    Thank you
    Jeff
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How good of a rifle is the Savage 111? I am lokking at 1 in a left hand .243 for my daughter.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks I'll give it a try
    Jeff