In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

1894 XTR 375 big bore

nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
edited September 2013 in Ask the Experts
Any ideas on values, did a little research and kind of all over the board.

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One closing soon.

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=367079589

A search of completed auctions lists one sold for $550 with 1 bid and 26 no bids on $829.99
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some of the .375 win caliber Big Bores, were made prior to USRA taking over production in the early 80's. This would make them original Winchester made guns in many collectors eyes. This would increase value IMHO.

At this late date though, I just don't remember if the 94's with that "XTR" suffix were just made by USRA, or not?
  • nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by charliemeyer007
    One closing soon.

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=367079589

A search of completed auctions lists one sold for $550 with 1 bid and 26 no bids on $829.99

thanks kind of what I thought. I got a 44mag one and dad got the 275. I paid 300 he paid 275. Mine is mint on the metal and a few safe scruffs on the wood. his seems to be about the same. Probably a 90% gun or better.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    Some of the .375 win caliber Big Bores, were made prior to USRA taking over production in the early 80's. This would make them original Winchester made guns in many collectors eyes. This would increase value IMHO.

At this late date though, I just don't remember if the 94's with that "XTR" suffix were just made by USRA, or not?

happen to know dates let me know.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nards444

Would need serial number to be able to determine DOM. To figure out if it was original Winchester or USRA rifle.

To get big bucks, collectors want guns in excellent condition. Any appreciable cosmetic wear, would be a negative. Without quality photos, difficult to call. 90% to one person, might not be 90% to a collector.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nards444

Would need serial number to be able to determine DOM. To figure out if it was original Winchester or USRA rifle.

To get big bucks, collectors want guns in excellent condition. Any appreciable cosmetic wear, would be a negative. Without quality photos, difficult to call. 90% to one person, might not be 90% to a collector.

thats true I have looked for a DOM for the XTR and cant find it but its BB01953XX