In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

walther model 2 questions, need help

redman.com1redman.com1 Member Posts: 718 ✭✭
edited September 2013 in Ask the Experts
hello, got a model 2 that is missing the extractor spring and pin. can get those parts but for a model 5 which is suppose to be essentially the same gun? can anyone tell me if the model 2 and 5 extractor will interchange? also the recoil spring is visable in the ejection port which im told because it was assembled incorrectly. one person told me that its suppose to have a sleeve that fits over it so you cant see it? also would like to have a disassembly guide for it. looking for any help, thanks

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I might be able to help you when I get home from work tonight 8:00 PM
    EDIT ADDED INFORMATION

To dismantle the Model 2. After the usual safety checks,grasp the knurled collar around the muzzle and with due care for the compressed recoil spring. Unscrew and remove it.Slip the recoil spring out,then draw back the slide,lift and slip it forward from the frame over the top of the barrel. This is one of the first pistols with a loaded chamber indicator. with a round in the chamber the rear sight is up and can be used but with chamber empty the sight drops down. This information is from a book on German Pistols by Ian V.Hogg Cheers Perry Shooter
  • Options
    redman.com1redman.com1 Member Posts: 718 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    still need some answers if anyone can help? thanks