In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Should I Buy???

IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
edited March 2007 in Ask the Experts
The local gun store has a winchester 94 A.E. in 44 mag with gunfighter loop asking 450.00 Gun looks to be new and in great condition. Should i buy or not

Comments

• Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    If you need to ask, no. Any firearm purchase should be made with knowledge of what you are getting (or want), and the value.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes but try to get him down to $420 out the door.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,953 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What would you want a large loop for? Pain in the but, even if it looks real John Wayne. No gets my vote.
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    If you need to ask, no. Any firearm purchase should be made with knowledge of what you are getting (or want), and the value.

Isn't that what forums are for, to gain knowledge. That is why I asked the question. I wanted to know if others thought that it might be a good deal. I know what I am getting and what I want. Are all of you 7,000+ post as helpful to others as this one.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,748 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't take ANYTHING personal here, imo, of course...The rifle in question would be a Buy, but still would try to get it $400 "out the door" but thats me,,,,and my persona,,nambu
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by big800
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking

Isn't that what forums are for, to gain knowledge. That is why I asked the question. I wanted to know if others thought that it might be a good deal. I know what I am getting and what I want. Are all of you 7,000+ post as helpful to others as this one.

What others think about how you spend your money is immaterial. The wisdom imparted you suggests you take responsibility for your purchase rather than seek others to blame for any buyers remorse.
    No to your final question. This is the most helpful post of my 7000+[|)]
  • Options
    SageSage Member Posts: 367
    edited November -1
    If you want it buy it. It will only go up in price now that the 94 is gone. I believe that the large loop adds a coolness factor that would only increase the price as time goes on. Buy and enjoy!
  • Options
    MrMwMrMw Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Big 800, I am not a quote, EXPERT but if it is in Excellent shape it would be a good price. I have seen them more in the $525 to $580 range here in the southwest. You'll have to forgive p3skyking but if you had nothing to do but post 2 messages a day, every day, for the last 10 years you'd be a bit cranky too.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Right after Winchester closed the doors, I seen the low end of the 94 line...the ranger selling on here for over 500.00. it was like a feeding frenzy for about 3 months. on what is left out there, the prices have cooled down on all but limited production runs of the 92,94, and the 1885's. That being said, if the gun is in great shape, it is most likely worth it, but i would try for less.