In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

870 Question

B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭
edited March 2007 in Ask the Experts
howdy,

anyone know if the 870 accessories, factory and aftermarket, will fit the chinese 'model 98' 870 clone? thanks.> bob

...if it's worth doin', it's worth overdoin'...

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Does any one know why a right handed 870 shotgun would be (factory?) equipped with a backwards operating safety.This shotgun is pristine, mfg in 79 I think, but the safety operates the wrong way for a right handed shooter and even has the bigger knurled button on the left. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    picked up a 870 today with a magnum receiver and a 34 inch barrel that reads 2&3/4 duck/goose on it. its a factory barrel. just wondering how rare that is (the barrel, that is). never seen one before?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Friend has an 870 that he believes is a first year production gun that is in excellent shape and is thinking about having me list it here. Is there much of an 870 following, or do you think it will sell for $100 or so as a full choke plain barrel gun without much interest?
    I did a search and there are only 8263 items that I can look thru.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can I put a 3 1/2 12ga barrel on my 870express 12ga 3",will it work[?]
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I may be wrong but I believe that the safety on an 870 is reverseable. Probably shot by a lefty.
  • Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1 I have reversed a few of them. Just be very careful with the spring. (voice of experience)[;)]
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bigger button is the key. Just chabge it.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    THE SAFTIES ARE NOT 'REVERSABLE', TO CHANGE A R.H. TO L.H. YOU MUST CHANGE THE 'TRIGGER PLATE' (TRIGGER GUARD) OR CHANGE THE LOCATION OF THE BALL DETENT HOLE FOR THE SAFTY. THERE ARE (WERE) AFTER MARKET L.H. SAFTIES FOR THE REMINGTONS AND YOU MAY HAVE ONE OF THESE.
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    I went to the same school that says they will NOT interchange with out a lot of work.
    I have changed a lot of them over to left hand with the correct safety used.....
    Your gun has had it changed over, and it can just as easy be changed back to a RH safety.