In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

nikon buckmaster scopes?

ddhotbotddhotbot Member Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2007 in Ask the Experts
i have a chance too buy a 4-12x50 with side focus nikon buckmaster scope for $200.it has been mounted but it was never shot,is this a good scope? i think i would put it on a heavy barrel 308 i am thinking of buying.what do you think?thanks don

Comments

• Options
    cmd66cmd66 Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I personally, would have to pass on it for that price, it being used.
  • Options
    DEG305DEG305 Member Posts: 469 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good scope but $200 used is a little high. I have a 3x9 buckmaster and I consider it to be a very clear and good scope and new they are $199.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello check MIDWAYUSA I think they have a special on them NEW for that price I have 3 and love them.
  • Options
    chumchumchumchum Member Posts: 847 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    HI Bearbasin they are $350 new!!!! For the 4-12X50 side focus. Seems pretty fair price no me. Plus they are a pretty decent scope.
  • Options
    ern98ern98 Member Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nikon is not known for their backing of their products. Being second hand you can expect no product support if it ever has any sort of problems. If you read the Nikon waranty they state in no uncertain terms that they only provide support to the original owner and then only for a limited time if you have filed with them and kept all the paper work. It is probably a decent scope at a fair price as long as you are ok with that lack. When I buy second hand optics I personally stick with Leupold and Burris as neither demands any sort of paper/recipt history to make good. But, then again you are not going to get a 4x12x50 for $200 either. Good luck with what ever you decide.
  • Options
    ddhotbotddhotbot Member Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks guys,i think i will pass on it.the lack of warranty bothers me.don