In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ruger Super Blackhawk

The ShootistThe Shootist Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
edited April 2007 in Ask the Experts
I was reading that the super blackhawk is 454 convertible, well problem is i dont know how to convert it. I was wondering if someone could educate me on this as i dont know understand. Might just be me having a grunt moment but thank you for the information, and have wonderful rest of your day.

Comments

• The ShootistThe Shootist Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just purchased a 44 Super blackhawk according to serial # was made in 1975. Question is it has a very high gloss blue finish kinda like a Python Most I have seen is just a standard blue finish I dont think It has been refinished Did they produce a High Gloss revolver?
    thanks
    edited November -1
    Good evening everyone

I am looking into purchasing the Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter in .44magnum. According to Ruger's website this pistol only comes in a 7.5"bbl but I have been told by others that you can special order the Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter in a 10.5"bbl. Can anyone tell me who's right or wrong?

Thanks
    gt d:^)
    edited November -1
    Hello,

Can someone give me the date of manufacture of my Ruger Super Blackhawk 44? The serial no is 81-25xxx

Thanks,

Bob
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have only seen the "Hunter" model in 7&1/2. The standard superblack hawk is available in 10&1/2 inch blue or stainless. You may wish to call Ruger.
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would call Ruger. I don't believe they do offet the Hunter Model in a 10.5" version, just a 7.5". They only come in stainless, but if i am not mistaken, can be had with the standard, or Bisley grip frame.
  • gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    the super blackhawk hunter only comes in stainless steel with a 7 1/2" barrel that has a flat top or rib milled to take Ruger scope rings , if you want a longer barrel you will have to go with the plain Super Blackhawk with the 10 1/2" these come in blued or stainless steel and then you can have it drilled and taped to take a scope mount if you want to go that way

having had both the Hunter and also the regular superblackhawk in both 7 1/2" and 10 1/2" , if i was buying a new one I would go with the Hunter , it gives you the most bang for your dollar
  • gotstolefromgotstolefrom Member Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got a couple 7.5's I'll always keep. I had a 10.5 that shot fine too. It actually was easier to get my sight picture back with the heavier front end.....but after using the 7.5 for so long, it just didn't feel right.

I do well with my 7.5 and it's favorite load.
    I did no better with the 10.5...BUT , I didn't re-work a load, and I didn't use my favorite GRIP !... Everything may have been different.

Since she is starting out, she can pick. No trouble selling if you decide to.
    Just the feel with 'her' grips without shooting may swing it for her. HAVE FUN !