In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

KICK MYSELF?

BamavolBamavol Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2007 in Ask the Experts
I went to a gun show last week. The first thing I saw was a nickle plated Colt police positive for $220. It looked to be in good condition but, it was in 32-20 so I passed. When I came back to the table it was gone. Assuming it was as good inside as it looked, should I continue to kick myself? Do you have to be crazy to buy a 32-20 revolver? I already have a very nice S&W in 32-20.

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,953 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Depends upon whether you collect safe queens or shoot. I almost bought a $400 revolver, but discoved the ammo was $65/box. I would stll be kicking myself.
  • Options
    gotstolefromgotstolefrom Member Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You done good.
  • Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At that price, I would assume it was not factory nickel, or the seller was smoking crack to price it that low. Taking a pass on that was a good idea knowing what little I do about the originality.
  • Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I like 32-20s. I have 2 rifles and a S&W hand ejector. I load for 32-20 and with lead bullets, it is cheap to shoot. Was this pistol at the Birmingham show last week?
  • Options
    BamavolBamavol Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pearyw, yes it was at the Birmingham show on the first table I looked at. I think the plating was original because it did show some ware.
    It was not fresh. Of course it could be an old refinish.