In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Parker Shotgun Experts

MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
edited September 2013 in Ask the Experts
http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=368022879

Selling this for a guy ..What do you think it would go for and any ideas when made ?

Comments

• perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Some aspects of the shot gun look fairly good but others will have negative as to value on What it will bring IMHO.
    RECOIL PAD.
    Not sure but LOOKS LIKE 2 SMALL CRACKS in pistol grip wood just behind receiver.

Looks like barrels have been cut off from the one picture of muzzle.

Ding in barrel that may or may not be able to be repaired .
    I would say a shooter or parts gun .
    Some people love 16 Ga. but they don't NORMALLY bring as much as ANY other Ga.
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,737 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, like you know, condition is everything,,Dings are a killer for me--and pad-WAG,,350-425-As long as its tight lockup, heck its a shooter then- Wish I could be of more help---
    IMO, guns of yesteryear, as my generation passes on,,that the market will just get softer as the new gen likes plastic and modern "style". More of these old timers will be on the market with out enough solid buyers,,hopper
  • 101AIRBORNE101AIRBORNE Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Made in 1922 and came with 28" barrels.
    Being a Vulcan, it really is not worth putting much
    money in it. Good luck on the auction.
  • CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    Steve has given you good advice.
    I have sold a few Parkers throughout the years, originality and condition are the driving factors, as with any collector gun.
    W.D.