In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

20 Gauge Mdl 12 Barrel Swap

Mr. LoboMr. Lobo Member Posts: 538 ✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in Ask the Experts
I would like to put a 2-3/4" chambered barrel on an old model 12 Winchester 20 gauge that I have. The original barrel is chambered in 2-1/2" and I do not want to ruin the old barrel. Are any other Winchester model barrels interchangeable?Jim

Comments

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    NOPE, M-12 BARRELS ONLY. YOU DON'T 'RUIN' THE BARREL BY LENGHTINING THE CHAMBER. I HAVE DONE THIS TO MANY OF THESE OLD M-12'S. ALL THAT YOU HAVE TO DO IS HAVE YOUR GUNSMITH RUN A 20 GA. 2 3/4" REAMER INTO THE BARREL, DEPENDING ON THE AMMO YOU USE, NO OTHER MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED (SOME 20 GA. CASINGS ARE LONGER THAN OTHERS). IF YOU DO IT RIGHT YOU WOULD ALSO LENGHTEN THE EJECTION PORT ABOUT 1/6" (AT THE FRONT)
  • Options
    Mr. LoboMr. Lobo Member Posts: 538 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Mike,This shotgun was my uncle's and I don't really want to change its original configuration. I will just look for another used barrel that is already chambered in 2-3/4". Your advice is appreciated.Jim