In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

M1A trigger adjustment

altosaltos Member Posts: 187 ✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in Ask the Experts
What is the best way to adjust the trigger pull on an M1A ? Good place to acquire parts replacement parts (if required) ? Thanks !

Comments

• altosaltos Member Posts: 187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an M1A with a NM trigger group. The second stage breaks at 3 1/2 lbs. Too light. I want to adjust it up to 4 1/2. I have been told that it is very simple but that you have to know what you are doing. I believe that you use a little crocus cloth on the trigger but I would like to know exactly what to do. Any help would be very much appreciated.
  • cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stoning by a good hand.CMP,Orion 7,FultonsGarand parts fit the trigger housing and are much cheaper cpermd
  • cbyerlycbyerly Member Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The proper method of "adjusting" an M1 or M1A tigger is to modify the spurs on the rear of the hammer by shortening them. Do not mess with the trigger other than polishing the bearing surfaces. If you want spare parts, join a CMP affiliated club and order them from odcmp.com