In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington 16 gauge ?

SlowpitchSlowpitch Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
edited April 2004 in Ask the Experts
Ok i own a ithaca 16 gauge But heard last night at local gun shop, remington was coming out with a 16 gauge shotgun or has already have.

Slow

Ty

Comments

• Options
    stalion10stalion10 Member Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    16 gauge, uhhhhh in rem.? if you heard it in a gun shop, why not trust it. unless you dont trust you gun shop owner.if this is the case then why do you shop there i think if i were you i would of asked the owner of that gun shop if its true.if he's trustworthy. then why dont you trust him~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i only give my bussiness to someone i know i can trust that is faithfull to me. and if i fill i cant trust him then slime on him!!!!!! 16 gauge in a rem. gun, think i heard of such a gun, but can't swear to it. ask around. not here. although there is some good sources here, but istill think i would ask a pro i could trust, instead of just "experts"

it's not the type of gun you have in the heat of a battle that counts, only if you have enough ammo for it, lets face it, a gun without ammo is only as good as a base ball bat!!
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    remington has made 16ga shotguns since moses. if you are refering to if they are bringing back an old model in 16ga that may have been discontinued, then i would assume they were. can you tell us what model you were refering to?
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Ya mean this one?

http://www.remington.com/firearms/shotguns/1100_classicfield.htm

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    looks right to me![:D]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    they have one out in a 870 cuz I want to get one

Pinky-what are we going to do today brain?

Brain-the same thing we try to do everyday...try and take over the world!
  • Options
    temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They came back out with the 870 pump in 16ga a couple of years ago after not making them since sometime in the 1980s I believe. Now they are coming out with the 1100 due to more demand than they expected, and possibly other models.............[8D]
  • Options
    SlowpitchSlowpitch Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok , Yes i heard that as well in a Gun shop In 1100 16 gauge remington, Im not a rem fan There great guns, But would like to purchase a 1100 16 gauge Once i find out for sure, If on the market. Thank you for your comments Gents.

Slow
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I dunno why the gun industry tried to force the 16 gauge under. So many existing guns are chambered for it. It is a good round. Not quite a 12 ga. but wherever a 2 3/4 inch 12 will work, so will a 16. I mean, no one has tried to force under, say, guns chambered in 30-06 just because there are newer cartridges. Strange.

"...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conf
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    there's a rem 1100 16 ga down at my local Gander Mountain store right now , just looked at it last week , its the one with the synthetic stock and matt finish