In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

T/C Contender rail mount

deadeye46deadeye46 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭
edited December 2006 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone still use the older rail mount system for T/C scopes and Contender barrels?I recently traded in a super 14 with a 44mag barrel and 22lr barrel.The scope is a T/C 4X mounted on a rail mount and the 22 barrel has just the rail base on it.Can this scope be switched from either one and still be sighted in?Don't know if I'll keep this setup or not,what do you experts think?thanks in advance,Bob

Comments

• Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    Those things are older than dirt, but they did work pretty good.
    No, you will not still be sighted in if you change it to another barrel.

Gun control is hitting what your aiming at.
  • Options
    CHAIRMAKERCHAIRMAKER Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Deadeye, The only real issue with these mounts/bases is they only work with T/C scopes, which can be hard to find. Want to sell the extra rail mount?
  • Options
    Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Scopes are good and they will work fine, but each time they are swapped the scope will need to be readjusted. Pretty much what you would have to do with a present generation scope. Also there are mounts out there for Smith and Wesson revolvers, and if memory serves me correctly ... Ruger's as well.

Lastly, there are TC collectors out there that are interested in the early scopes and mounts.

Your items may be old, but they are both useful and have value.

9407288-Ti.jpg

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • Options
    deadeye46deadeye46 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks very much for the info gentlemen,I'll keep that information in mind.Chairmaker,slip me an email at rreeves46@hotmail.com
  • Options
    bill-n-thelmabill-n-thelma Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just picked up a brand new Thompson Center Arms "Rail Mount" scope.
    This is a 2.5 x handgun scope with lit reticle.
    The scope has an integral rail along the underside.
    More narrow than a weaver rail with 5 cross groves on the under side of the rail.
    What type of scope is this?
    The number on the scope is 9208.
    Can this scope be mounted to a weaver base?
    I paid pretty good money for the scope and did not realize it was anything other than a standard 1"tube.
    It seams like there should be hardware for mounting this scope to a weaver base.
    Help!
  • Options
    Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No. It will not fit a Weaver base. See my reply to your post.