In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Paraordnance

venenoindyvenenoindy Member Posts: 113 ✭✭
edited May 2004 in Ask the Experts
I got my first 1911 not to long ago (Kimber pro carry SS) and overall is a great gun and very acurate finish is good too, so im looking into ading a new 1911 to my collection, so im looking into Kimber TLE or the new line of Para the SSP, so far i like Kimber but having two guns almost the same?, so how good of a gun is Para VS kimber, acurate? reliability? finish?

Comments

• jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    stainlessprocarry_II.jpg

I looked at that Kimber for a long time. It comes in 40S&W also; bet that's one sweet shooter. It was about the same cost of a Colt 1991 Gov't (5") Stainless (01091), and I went for the Colt. Love the sound it makes, racking the first round into the chamber. The function is flawless.

Next came a Para Ordnance, with a 4.25" barrel. It is LDA - Light Double Action, and DAO. Still, a smooth-pulling trigger. Tolerances are magnificent, and the Support group in the USA, in Tennessee, is outstanding. 7.7" overall length. Again, a great gun made better by five Officer-size Wilson Magazines.

The Para I wanted with a 3.5" barrel and bobbed grip-safety, the Para Companion Carry-Option, is not available in this state. 7" overall length.

The new Para line might mean you can pick up a 2003 model more cheaply than otherwise. I bought mine on GB; great price. Additionally, the new line features more SA designs and an improved extractor. I have no feedback on this design, but I could not see Para so completely eliminating an entire product line if the new design was not completely satisfactory and improved.

Both the Colt and the Para come with a Lifetime Warranty to the original owner.

____________________________________________________________colt.gif